Industrial Engineer (a.k.a. Cargo Services Manager)
Status: Permanent, Full Time, 40 Hours/Week
- Organize, coordinate, and control all contract handling services on behalf of customer by designing, developing, testing, and evaluating integrated systems for managing Air General handling processes, in particular: human work factors, quality control, inventory control, logistics flow, cost analysis, and production coordination.
- Identify and implement methods for improving utilization of personnel, material, and utilities in order to meet all customer targets and service requirements and ensure that handling services do not adversely affect safe and punctual operation of customer flight services. Specifically, hire and develop highly motivated work force, ensure all necessary training standards are achieved or exceeded.
- Coordinate and implement quality control objectives, and procedures that resolve problems, maximize reliability, minimize costs and generally enhance service levels to customer. Specifically, ensure that all customer operational and quality targets are achieved or exceeded, that cargo build integrity and safety standards are followed, and that all security procedures are adhered to.
- Meet regularly with management and supervisors to develop and design operational standards and procedures, and to establish a constant feedback and action plan for any improvements in service handling.
- Administer company rules of conduct in a fair and just manner. Where company rules or service standards are not met (breaches of safety, security, etc.), take prompt corrective and disciplinary actions.
- Ensure all incidents or service complaints are fully investigated, and provide full and concise written reports. Ensure all recommendations for service improvements are implemented.
- Develop labor utilization standards, a protocol for handling employee and administrative matters, to promote and maximize efficient staff performance. Maintain and promote complete integrity of the cargo and mail handling systems.
- Develop responsible routines with customers, vendors, subordinate staff, and management for handling services, planning, control, and feedback with particular emphasis on good communications with all parties and with the client.
- Confer with customer on a formal and routine basis for feedback on performance and project status. Ensure all reasonable customer requests are carried out. Meet with customer’s clients, as requested, to enhance customer confidence, client rapport, and business integrity.
- Design, establish, and maintain adequate system of performance measurements as required to promote efficient utilization of time and resources, and to ensure quality standards are met at all times.
- Prepare budgets as requested, control and reduce operational costs at or below the defined station budget levels, conduct periodic and annual performance appraisals for all staff, and look for and advise on revenue opportunities.
- Maintain a constant physical inspection protocol on serviceability of the specific aircraft parts which are used daily in the production process.
- Liaise with Local Government and Federal Agencies including FAA, CBP, TSA, USDA, APHIS.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related field, plus at least five years (60 months) of progressive (post-baccalaureate) experience.
- International air cargo and leadership experience with major carriers.
- Dangerous Goods handling experience.
- Quality assurance and problem solving skills.
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Pass FBI criminal background check and drug testing.
- Ability to obtain valid airport I.D. badge.